Toshiba SD3990 Region Free DVD Player
The Toshiba SD3990 is a Region Free DVD Player with a internal PAL to NTSC
Video Converter, which will allow playback of any DVD from anywhere in the world on to a US or Canadian NTSC
The SD3990 features ColorStream Pro Progressive Scan Component video outputs for enhanced color purity and image
detail. With this connection is used, typical NTSC artifacts such as video noise and dot crawl are more or less
eliminated, resulting in a low noise, sharp picture with unequaled color purity.
The Toshiba SD3990 also has DivX Home Theater Certification allowing playback of DivX, AVI and MPEG4 compressed
files stored on CD-R/RW. There is a JPEG Photo Viewer, and you can also play WMA and MP3 files that you have burned
onto CD-R/RW discs.
There is a built in Coaxial Digital Audio Output connector which outputs the audio signal in it's digital form.
When connected to an AV receiver access to the Dolby Digital or DTS sound track encoded on the DVD disc can be
made. There is also Virtual Surround Sound which provides a simulated surround sound effect from older DVD's that
contain only a stereo soundtrack.
- Region Free DVD Player with integral 16Mb PAL to NTSC Video
- ColorStream Pro Component Video Output
- DivX Home Theater Certified
- Plays DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- Multi-Language On-Screen Display
- Coaxial Digital Audio Output - Dolby Digital and DTS Compatible
- Virtual Surround Sound
How to convert your Toshiba SD3990 into a
Region Free DVD Player
- The Toshiba SD3990 shown here comes ready setup as a Region Free DVD player with built in
16Mb PAL to NTSC converter. It will play any PAL or NTSC format disc from any Region on any
The following unlocking sequence is for the Toshiba SD3990 which has not been previously
modified to be Region Free.
When following this procedure, there will be no indication on the TV screen apart from the
Region Number briefly showing on the top right hand side of the screen
- Power On the DVD Player
- Open the Disc Tray and Remove any Disc
- Enter the following number sequence on your Remote Handset
- 2 4 0 3 9 6 0 9
- Close the Disc Tray
- Power Off and then back on again
- NOTE - The last digit 9 in the above sequence represents the Region Code 0 - Region Free.
If you want to set to a specific region, just replace the 9 with the region number that you
Other Toshiba Region Free DVD Players