Philips DVP642 - Region Free DVD Player
The Philips DVP642 is a Region Free DVD Player with a built in 4Mb PAL to NTSC
video converter, which will convert PAL formatted discs for viewing on a standard NTSC television.
Dreaming of a player that plays practically any disc format while enjoying flawless, true-to-life picture
quality? Now you can! With the Philips DVP642 DVD player, indulge in great movie and music entertainment experience
delivered right to your home. As well as being a Region Free DVD Player, the Philips DVP642 also converts PAL
formatted discs for viewing on standard NTSC televisions using it's built in 4Mb PAL to NTSC video converter.
Tap into multimedia fun with Philips' broad-format, high-style, and ultra-slim DVP642 DVD
player. The DVP642 is not only a high-end progressive-scan DVD player equipped to offer scintillating images on
high-definition and HD-ready TVs, it's a tech-savvy player that plays your MP3 and JPEG encoded recordable CDs, as
well as Kodak's and Fuji's variants of the same and CDs loaded with MPEG-4 and DivX video (3.11, 4.x, and 5.x
files). Perfect for viewing Internet-sourced content in your home theater.
A set of left and right analog audio outputs channel audio to Dolby Pro Logic receivers and stereo televisions.
Dolby Digital 5.1 channel surround sound signals can be routed through the player's digital audio outputs for
direct connection to an external surround featured AV receiver.
- Region Free DVD Player with integral PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4x video upsampling for improved image quality
- 192kHz 24 bit audio DAC delivers high qulaity audio
- Progressive Scan for razor sharp and flicker free images
- Plays Movie DVD, DVD+R/RW, (S)VCD, DivX 3.11/4.x/5.x/6.x MPEG4
- Plays Music CD, CD-R/RW and MP3 CD
- Plays JPEG Picture CD with MP3 music playback
- Smart Picture provides personalised image settings
How to convert your Philips DVP642
into a Region Free DVD Player
- Power Up the unit with NO Disc in the tray.
- Open the tray
- Press the 7 button on your remote control
- Press the 8 button on your remote control
- Press the 9 button on your remote control
- Press the OK button on your remote control
- Press the 0 (zero) button on your remote control
- The number 0 will appear on the lower left hand side of the screen. Youe player is now
- Close the tray
- NOTE - The 0 (zero) in the above sequence represents the Region Code 0 - Region Free. If
you want to set to a specific region, just replace the 0 with the region number that you